Sunday, February 1, 2009

Why The Steelers Are Evil

I hate to post twice in one day but since the Super Bowl is tonight I have to hurry up and post a few reasons why I will be hoping the Arizona Cardinals whip themselves into a frenzy and beat the Pittsburgh Steelers. To put it bluntly, the Steelers are evil.

Now, I don't say that lightly. No. Not at all. I say that as someone who has been watching the Steelers play since Franco Harris caught the Immaculate Reception. At first I had no real interest in whether the Steelers won or lost but it wasn't long before they always seemed to be winning -- playoff games, Super Bowls, you name it -- at the expense of one of "my" teams. Whatever team I happened to be supporting, there were the Steelers to spoil the party. Whether it was the Minnesota Vikings for years and years when I was a kid, or other teams later, the Steelers were always there in my way.

That would be enough to make me dislike them. But I have personal reasons, too. When I was a kid my younger brother (my obnoxious younger brother) hero-worshipped the Steeler teams of the 1970s. If you had to live with a brother who was constantly in your face boasting and bragging about the Steelers, you would be sick of them, too.



So, for every Mean Joe Greene who blocks a QB's pass, I want revenge. For the defense people rave about, I say push 'em back. For all the great receivers, send great coverage. And for the Terry Bradshaws and Big Bens, we want sacks. Stomp those Terrible Towels!!!

That's my Super Bowl message today. Go Cardinals!

No comments:

Post a Comment